15 McElroy Lane
Belle Meade, NJ 08502
Bucks County Community College, Newtown, Pennsylvania, 1976-Present Professor, Department of Business
- Developed and/or helped develop following courses: Advertising and Sales Promotion (now Advertising), Cooperative Education, Marketing on the Internet, and Creativity.
- Among first faculty to offer Distance Learning courses on campus; presently teach Marketing, Introduction to Business and Marketing on the Internet via this method.
- Currently serve on the Advisory Board of the Teaching and Learning Center, having done so since its inception; in addition, made and/or moderated several presentations for the Center.
- Started "Adopt A Business" program, in which classes use real-life companies as the basis of their various writing projects.
- Students have entered each of the College's Writing Contests and have received recognition at virtually all of them.
- For over ten years, advised award-winning chapters of DECA and the Marketing Club on campus. Founded original SIFE Chapter and served on the SIFE Advisory Board since its inception.
- Leader in the teacher's union for twelve years, having served as President, First Vice President and Second Vice President/Grievance Chairperson. Also, headed two Negotiating Teams and served on two others.
- Served on and/or headed such College committees as Advisory, Curricular Revision, Calendar, Cultural Affairs, Community Services, Distance Learning Planning Group, and presently on the Managing, Marketing, Designing, and Publishing on the World Wide Web Advisory Committee.
- Served as an Advising Specialist, Key Resource Faculty Member for Academic Computing, Area Coordinator, and Adjunct Coordinator.
- Ran workshops at four In-Service Days, spoke to the Foundation Board, spoke twice each year to various SIFE groups, spoke at several Student Life workshops, and spoke at annual luncheon given by the Admissions Office for the guidance secretaries of the various Bucks County Schools (and is again slated to do so this coming May).
- Implemented I-Power concept on campus and, in so doing, ran four separate Suggestion Contests.
Trenton, NJ, 1985-Present (part-time)
- Teach such Distance Learning courses as Marketing, Principles of Management and Managing in Organizations and teach online Marketing course.
- Serve as Portfolio Adviser to various business students, as needed.
- Served on several PONSI Evaluation Teams.
- Served on both Portfolio Advisory and Business Advisory Committees.
- Spoke and/or ran workshops for six separate campus groups.
Adjunct Instructor, MBA Program
Kean College, Union, NJ, 1979-81 (part-time)
Adjunct Instructor, Business Department
Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ, 1975-76
Visiting Instructor, Marketing Education
Gloucester County Community College, Sewell, NJ, 1974-75
Instructor, Business Department; started Retailing Program
South River High School, South River, NJ, 1971-74
Teacher-Coordinator, Business Department; started Marketing Education Program
Blaine Greenfield Associates, East Windsor, NJ,1976-Present (part-time)
- Consultant for small- and mid-sized business community.
- Serve as mediator and/or arbitrator for such diverse groups as New Jersey's Superior Court, Mercer County Family Court, Home Owners Warranty Corporation, Ford Consumer Appeals Board, Chrysler, Better Business Bureau, Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, National Association of Securities Dealers, New York Stock Exchange, and National Futures Association.
Complementary Dispute Resolution Coordinator, Mercer County
Host, "Pulse of the Network" show on WWFM/89.1FM, 2000-Present (part-time)
Host, "Consumer Connection" show on WTTM/920 AM, 1993-97 (part-time)
Federal Distributing Corporation, New York, NY, 1967-88 (part-time)
Job Supervisor in family-owned business
Chair, Advisory Board to New Jersey's Small Business Development Center network, 1995-Present (and member since 1992)
Volunteer Consultant, Mercer County Community College's Small Business Development Center, 1985-Present
President, New Jersey ACR (Association for Conflict Resolution), 2001-Present and, also, member of national organization
President, New Jersey SPIDR (New Jersey Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution), 1998-2000
Chair, East Windsor Community Dispute Resolution Committee, 1986-Present
Member, Twin Rivers Dispute Resolution Committee, 1989-1997
Member, New Jersey Supreme Court's Fee Arbitration Committee, 1992-1996
Member, East Windsor Cable Advisory Committee, 1989-1996
Delegate, 1986 White House Conference on Small Business
Speak, as a volunteer, to at least six community groups each year; also, do seminars for schools, companies and organizations. Among recent presentations:
- Bucks County Life Underwriters Association
- New Jersey Chapter of American Association of University Women
- Beth Chaim Men's Club
- New Business Learning Center
- Pennsylvania Burglar and Alarm Association
- New Jersey Marketing Education In-Service Conference
- Northeast Spa and Pool Association
Website, providing free consulting to businesses: www.nj.com/njsbdc/marketing.html
Articles in Mobile Beat, Business Tech International, Partners, Fund Raising Management, Mercer County Business Review, Mentor, US1, Personal Selling Power, Training News, Media Profiles, Business Education World, DE Today, Yearbook of Improving College Teaching, Data Training, and Direct Marketing
Transparencies to accompany Business (Prentice-Hall)
Instructor’s Manual and Teaching Notes for Enterprise Videos to accompany Marketing Today (Dryden Press)
Course Index and Planning Guide and Creative Lectures to accompany three editions of Business Today (Random House)
“Time Management: How to Work Smarter, Not Harder” (cassette tape)
Case in Introduction to Business (Business Publications, Inc.)
Book reviews for 20 different publishers, including West Educational Publishing, John Wiley, Houghton Mifflin, Benjamin Cummings, Allyn & Bacon, and Irwin
Shoplifting: A Study Guide
Distributive Education Success Stories
Distributive Education Resource Guide
A Guide to Distributive Education Speakers
Co-author of two studies funded and published by NJ Division of Vocational Education
"Good Guy Award," New Jersey Women's Political Caucus, 1997
"Advisory Board Member of the Year," SIFE (BCCC), 1997
"Media Advocate of the Year," New Jersey Small Business Administration, 1995
Leadership New Jersey, Class of 1994
"Small Business Advocate of the Year," NJ Small Business Development Center, 1993
NISOD (National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development) "Excellence Award, 1992
"Award for Professional Development," BCCC Alumni Association, 1992
Partnerships in Education Journal's "100 Best for 1991-92 Award"
"Leavey Award," Freedoms Foundation, 1990
"Utilization Award," National Association of Industry-Education Cooperation, 1990
"Award for Teaching Excellence," BCCC Alumni Association, 1990
Attendance at numerous marketing, small business and management seminars
Trained in dispute resolution techniques by the American Arbitration Association, Mediation Training Institute (and certified as a trainer), New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts, National Academy of Conciliators, National Academy of Conciliators, Better Business Bureau, Ford Consumer Appeals Board, Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, New Jersey Office of Dispute Settlement, and Central Bucks County Chamber of Commerce
Summer Faculty Institute, Bucks County Community College, 1990
National Institute on the Assessment of Experiential Learning, 1989
Very Important Professor at Specialty Advertising Association Conference, 1987
Direct Marketing Professors' Institute, 1985
Doctoral-level courses in Statistics, Research Administration and Sociology, Rutgers University, 1974-80 (and when taking these, recipient of both Phi Delta Kappa and Epsilon Pi Tau Awards for Research Development)
Ed.M., Vocational-Technical Education, Rutgers University, 1974
B.S., Marketing Education, Rider University, 1971